Original production background, layout by Robert Gribbroek, backgrounds painted by Philip DeGuard, from the Chuck Jones directed 1955 short animated film, “One Froggy Evening.” One of three short films by Jones inducted into the National Film Registry of the Smithosonian (the other two are “What’s Opera, Doc?” and “Duck Amuck”) it bowed in theaters on December 31, 1955 (what a New Year’s Eve surprise!)
Opening tonight with a gala reception, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences presents “Chuck Jones: An Animator’s Life From A to Z-Z-Z-Z.” The exhibit closes August 22, 2010. For more information, visit the Oscars!
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, an original production background from the 1951 Chuck Jones directed short animated cartoon, “The Wearing of the Grin” starring Porky Pig. (Ironically, the film was released in theaters on July 14th of that year, Bastille Day.)