Holy Cosplay, Batman!
Chuck Jones Gallery Announces
Comic Con Events
San Diego, CA: The Chuck Jones Gallery announced today their lineup of events during this year’s Comic Con International, July 18-21st. The gallery, located in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter at 232 Fifth Avenue, across from the Hard Rock Hotel, and a half block from the San Diego Convention Center, is pleased to present a series of artist appearances that will delight and inspire Comic Con attendees.
- Wednesday, July 17, from 7 to 10 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Two Sides of the Same… Meet Simpsons storyboard artist, Stephen Reis and view his latest work, Two Sides of the Same… Also this evening, our special guests will be Girls Drawin’ Girls!
“Two Sides of the Same…Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote” fine art print on canvas by Stephen Reis
- Thursday, July 18, from 2 to 5 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Meet Minimalist and MLB-authorized artist, S. Preston, as we premier new work by the artist featuring all of your favorite Looney Tunes characters. Exhibition and sale. The artist will be dedicating artwork purchased for this event.
“Minimalist Broomstick Bunny” fine art print on paper by S. Preston
- Thursday, July 18, from 7 to 10 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Meet Chuck Jones’s grandson, Craig Kausen, for an evening of great art, Warner Bros. trivia contest, and raffle prizes! We’ll be premiering new work from the incomparable 4-time Academy Award-winning animation legend, Chuck Jones. A not-to-be-missed evening!
“The Fanatic”, fine art print on paper from an original watercolor by Chuck Jones.
- Friday, July 19, from 7 to 10 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: How About a Quick Stop on Venus? Artist reception for the remarkable Fabio Napoleoni. At this exhibition and sale, Fabio will be dedicating artwork purchased for this event. View exclusive original art and rare editions by this American Master.
“How About a Quick Stop on Venus?” fine art print on canvas by Fabio Napoleoni. Our exclusively.
- Saturday, July 20, from 4 to 6 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Meet the incomparable animation legend, Willie Ito. With a career spanning several decades, this versatile artist and bon vivant will wow you with his tales of working with the greats of the Golden Age of Animation, including Chuck Jones and Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera. View and acquire his original drawings!
Original drawing, mixed media on paper, by Willie Ito.
- Saturday, July 20, from 7 to 10 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Join us in a galaxy far, far away as we celebrate the epic tale of Star Wars with artists Rodel Gonzalez and Rob Kaz! Featuring new original work depicting your favorite moments from the Star Wars legend. Both artists will be dedicating artwork purchased for this event.
“At an End Your Rule Is” fine art print on canvas by Rodel Gonzalez.
“Light Versus Dark” fine art print on canvas by Rob Kaz.
- Sunday, July 21, from 9 to 5 PM at the Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego: Comic Con comes to a close.
About the Gallery: The Chuck Jones Gallery, celebrating its 42nd anniversary, represents the finest in the art of American Pop culture. It is also the only gallery in San Diego dedicated to the art of the animated film, representing not only the work of its namesake, four-time Academy Award-recipient and legendary animation director and creator, Chuck Jones, but also artwork by Dr. Seuss, and all animation studios. Included in the ongoing gallery exhibits are original paintings and fine art editions by artists such as Charles Schulz, Tom Everhart, Markus Pierson, and Fabio Napoleoni. The gallery is open seven days a week from 10 to 8 PM, except on Sunday when it closes at 6 PM. The gallery website is at ChuckJones.com.